CARE & MAINTENANCE
To ensure long lasting performance of your timepiece we have created a short and easy-to-understand guide.
- Avoid dropping the watch
- Keep the watch in a cool, dry place, preferably a watch box
- Make sure the crown is secured before subjecting the watch to water
- Avoid high temperatures while wearing the watch
- To help preserve the ideal condition of a leather strap avoid contact with water, cosmetic products, prolonged exposure to sunlight
- Try to keep the watch away from perfumes and spirits
- Do not wear the watch while working out or undertaking heavy physical activity
- Battery must be replaced every 2 years even if the watch is running to prevent the battery from leaking harmful acid and destroying the mechanism.
- Every third battery change the watch must be serviced to ensure the mechanical parts of the movement are well lubricated.
- Seals must be inspected and changed every 2 years to prevent the watch from taking in water and rusting the mechanism.
Helpful Tips in Caring for Your Watch
Heed the following tips on how to best take care of your watch and you’ll be sure to enjoy many years with your watch.
- Magnetic fields: speakers and refrigerators have strong magnetic fields. Placing your watch on them could cause your watch to run erratically.
- Bathing in the sea: the watch should be rinsed with fresh warm water after bathing.
- Crown: the crown should be locked and screwed in carefully, making sure that water cannot seep in to the watch.
- Cleaning: toothbrush, soap and water may be used to clean metal bracelets and water-resistant watches. Avoid using a dryer, only use a soft cloth.
- Chemical products: keep the watch away from cosmetics, detergents, solvents and perfumes for they can create damage to some parts of the watch.
- Temperature: avoid exposing the watch to temperatures over 60C or 140F or lower than 0C or 32F.
Caring for your Watch Strap
As your strap isn't covered by our warranty it is best to take great care of it from the day you receive your watch. We recommend you keep your strap as dry as possible at all times, wiping off all moisture as soon as possible. Avoid exposure to sunlight for extended periods of time to avoid discolouration of your strap. If using a cleaner, please ensure you follow the instructions with care to avoid damaging your band.
Interchangeable Strap Instructions
Adjusting Mesh Band
If you require any further information regarding care and maintenance of your watch please contact us via our CONTACT US page.